Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission-driven organisation contributing to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees worldwide, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for an Agricultural Supply Chain Auditor to join our team in the Netherlands.
What you will do
As an Agricultural Supply Chain Auditor, your main tasks will be to:
- Plan and execute supply chain agricultural audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard
- Support the coordination and execution of evaluations in the Netherlands and within the region; it could include logistical planning, supporting consultants, liaising with clients and finalising & reviewing reports
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.)
- Develop and maintain strong expertise in Preferred by Nature and Rainforest Alliance-SAS policies and protocols, as well as any additional auditing services conducted in the future
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under her/his responsibilities
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients, including providing information about certification and the audit process, technical guidance on the interpretation of certification standards and trademark use
- Support sales and marketing functions for Preferred by Nature services in the region by attending tradeshows, and soliciting new clients.
Who you are
- You have a university degree in Agriculture Sciences, Biology, Environmental and/or Social Sciences
- You have 2-3 years of relevant experience in the Agricultural area
- You are fluent in Dutch and English languages; French/Spanish/German would be an asset
- You are comfortable traveling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job
- You have a high level of integrity to carry out your role ethically whilst addressing clients’ needs
- You are passionate about sustainability and supply chain certification
- You are comfortable making independent decisions; the nature of the job requires you to work independently and often remotely
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
- You have a valid driving license
- You have knowledge or/and auditing experience in the main certification schemes, like Rainforest Alliance and UTZ; UEBT, SRP, GlobalG.A.P., CAFÉ Practices, or similar would be an asset
This is what we offer
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven and passionate team
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant and flexible work environment
- Employee wellness programme
- Work time: full time
- Working location: work from home combined with regular travel for auditing and meeting
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position holder reports to the Senior Programme Manager of Agriculture Supply Chains
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations, by 10 December 2022 via the application form below.
Interviews may be conducted during the advertising period, please send applications as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Only eligible candidates with work permit in the Netherlands will be considered for the position.
For questions, please contact:
Anna Yavlyanskaya, HR Specialist