Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for an Agricultural Specialist to join our team in the Kenya.
The Agriculture Specialist will serve as an auditor with a focus on Sustainable Agriculture services. This person will schedule and carry out agriculture audits in East Africa according to the agreed plan. This includes managing administrative tasks, maintaining good client relations as well as supporting Agriculture market development for Preferred by Nature certification services in East Africa.
Other duties will include:
- Support the coordination and execution of audits in East Africa
- Develop and implement evaluation schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of these.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administration certification protocols.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature in East Africa to include, but not limited to, providing information about certification, technical guidance on the interpretation of certification standards and the certification process and trademark use.
- Develop and maintain strong technical expertise in Agriculture Certification Schemes’ and Preferred by Nature policies, standards and protocols.
Who you are
- You have a college degree and/or equivalent (4-year degree) in Agriculture sciences, Biology, Environmental and/or Social sciences.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in agriculture-related field.
- You have previous auditing experience with relevant schemes (RA, UEBT, SRP, Global GAP, CAFÉ Practices, and similar).
- You have experience working on/with agriculture farms.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of the French language is a big asset.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it.
What we offer you
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, global team of colleagues with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: full-time position
- Working location: home office in Kenya
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position holder reports to our Agriculture Team Leader, based in Kenya
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations, by 15 December 2022 via the webform below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and, thus, welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Tereza Ditrich, Senior HR Manager for Europe and Africa