Do you have a passion for forestry and the environment? Do you want to make an impact on sustainability by ensuring businesses meet the right standards and address environmental deficiencies?
If so, then you might be the match for our role as Forestry Auditor based in Estonia.
What you can expect as a Forestry Auditor at Preferred by Nature:
As soon as you start your new job, you'll be auditing against Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM), Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP) & Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) certifications schemes while helping develop and improve these services. After a few months, you'll be supporting the success and growth of our certification services in Estonia.
Projects you will work on:
- managing a portfolio of certified clients to ensure their required audits are scheduled, carried out and completed on time.
- working with budgeting, logistical planning, report review and database administration.
- conducting sustainability audits for clients.
- acting as a primary point of contact to support new and existing clients with their sustainable certifications.
Working with Preferred by Nature is very much about your growth. We support continuous learning through professional development and career paths aimed at helping you grow in your career.
Within one month, you will:
- Meet the team and learn about our systems, tools and resources available
- Begin your training in managing supply chain and forest management to understand key elements in this field
- Begin management of a portfolio of certified clients
Within three months, you will:
- Be technically proficient in the applicable supply chain certifications
- Attain auditor qualifications for one or more sustainable certifications
- Travel to client’s facilities to assist in conducting on-site sustainability audits
Within one year, you will:
- Attain lead auditor qualification for the relevant sustainable certifications
- Work with the team to determine avenues for growth and development of new and existing certifications and support Market Development for Preferred by Nature in Estonia
- Continue developing expertise by working with new programmes and departments within Preferred by Nature
Important that you
- Have a bachelor's degree or vocational education in the field of forestry, biology, geography, environmental management or related fields
- Have at least 4 years of experience in the forest products sector (timber, printing, paper industry, forestry)
- Can manage competing priorities while working both independently and as part of a team
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Are fluent in English and Estonian
- Are willing to travel within the country
- Have a valid driving license
Would also be great, but not necessary, if you:
- Have knowledge of SBP and/or FSC/PEFC or ISO certification systems is an advantage.
- Speak other languages (e.g., Russian)
- Sales experience
- Have strong customer service skills: ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What Sets Us Apart
- Global work culture
- Work from home, from our ergonomic office (in Tartu) or both
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training that prepares you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential international travel opportunities in the future
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Sport compensation
- Extended benefit package
Preferred by Nature
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English), including salary expectations by 31 March 2023 via the application form below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Anna Yavlyanskaya, HR Specialist