Do you have a passion for people and the environment? Do you want to make a difference by helping our people flourish, learn and grow while enabling them to better build a world where human choices ensure a sustainable future? Are you keen on supporting our people in Asia with day-to-day HR coordination and maintenance of Corporate HR activities, including operations, recruiting, compliance and HR programs? If so, then you might be just the fit as our new HR People Support Specialist, based in Vietnam.
As soon as you start you will play an important role in delivering on our people promise by being the person that our staff in Asia turns two with day-to-day questions. Serving them using our global policies and procedures as a framework will give you the understanding needed to help us in our effort to continuously improve how we support our people globally in more than 40 countries. Very soon after you begin you will also be part of the team designing our first user-friendly intranet setting up better possibilities for self-support and digital guidance of staff worldwide.
You will be…
- A key figure in Asia supporting employees from the region on their day-to-day questions and queries
- Using your collaborative skills you will be assisting your People & Talent colleagues in selected stages of our recruitment process
- Working closely with our People Advisors on a range of People-related themes designed to support our divisions in their effort to meet their business objectives.
- Applying your sense of detail as you help update and further develop HR handbooks, manuals, policies, and procedures
- Analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the People & Talent team to develop solutions, programs and policies
What to expect the first year with us:
Your aspiration is our dedication, so you can expect a role where you will be supported every step of the way.
Within one month, you will:
- Meet the team and work closely with our Director of People Support to get an in-depth insight into our global HR policies and procedures.
- Learn how we apply cutting-edge approaches to attract talent and be onboarded into our recruitment software so you can assist in our recruitment process
- Contribute concretely by helping draft employment contracts, addendums, and other HR-related documents.
- Build relations with our staff and managers, and learn about the fantastic things we do to create a more sustainable world.
Within three months, you will:
- Be pitching ideas and taking the lead on the update and further development of HR handbooks, manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Taking a proactive approach in designing Preferred by Nature Web – our upcoming user-friendly intranet helping us organize information to make it easily accessible to staff around the world.
- Be go-to-person related to payroll as well as managing benefits administration and supporting the introduction of new benefits
- Be using your sense of detail to maintain an updated overview of staff vacation.
- Working closely with our People Advisors in their support of our divisions and our people leaders.
Within one year, you will:
- Be celebrating the launch of Preferred by Nature Web and providing a clear process for how to consistently maintain and update information.
- Share insights from your attentiveness to stay updated on relevant HR trends and opportunities as we continuously improve how we support the organisation
- Be serving people regionally but be connected to colleagues globally assisting in the implementation of global learning & development projects.
- Experience a special sense of contribution knowing that all our efforts in People & Talent make it easier for our staff to do good in the world
Important that you have
- At least 3 years of experience with HR administration
- Experience in recruitment
- Experience in an international environment (work/study)
- Possess outstanding English and communicate fluently in writing and verbally. Other languages like French and Spanish are an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Word and Excel as well as being a fast learner with all things digital
- Knowledge of labour law in general and can quickly learn and understand country-specific legislation
- Detail oriented as well as handle competing priorities while working both independently and as part of a team
Would also be great, but not necessary, if you have:
- Experience using Microsoft Sharepoint as Intranet or experience maintaining other types of intranet
- Experience working with legal aspects of HR
- Experience working with payroll
What Sets Us Apart
- Global work culture
- Dedicated to sustainability – practising what we preach
- Work from home, from our office or both
- An in-depth onboarding and continuous coaching that helps you thrive and grow in this role
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Access to LinkedIn Learning extensive catalogue of HR-related learning opportunities
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- 20 days of vacation leave per year plus local national holidays
Preferred by Nature
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your CV and cover letter in English), including salary expectations by 27 May 2023, via the application form on our recruitment page here.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Tereza Ditrich, Senior HR Manager Europe and Africa
>> Apply here