Yves has been working since 2014 at providing voluntary certification services and assessing a broad range of topics related to forest management, traceability, biodiversity and peoples’ rights and interests.
A prosperous future will be assured by the sustainable use and management of our natural resources. Preferred by Nature provides credible services and solutions enabling sustainable practices.
Yves participates in engagements where he assesses and provides support on complex topics, such as sustainable management of natural resources, traceability, species at risk, High Conservation Values (HCVs) and communities and workers' rights and interests.
These engagements are completed through some of Preferred by Nature’s wide range of services available to organisations, including forestry certifications, supplier verification and tailored services.
- FSC Forest Management lead auditor
- FSC Chain of Custody and Controlled Wood lead auditor
- PEFC Chain of Custody lead auditor
- Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP) lead auditor
- Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture System lead auditor for Chain of Custody of agricultural commodities
- Qualified trainer for FSC Forest Management auditors
- B.Sc. in Biology – conservation and environment
- M.Sc. in Earth Sciences
- GIS mapping and analysis
- Languages spoken: French and English