A revised version of the PEFC Chain of Custody Standard is now available for public comment.
The standard has been amended in order to ensure alignment with regulations such as the EU Timber Regulation and the Australian Illegal Logging Prohibition Bill.
Key changes include:
- The definition of controversial sources has been expanded, such as compliance with trade and customs legislation and legislation relating to international, national, or local legislation concerning forest-related activities.
- Additional information requirements
- Alignment of the PEFC Due Diligence System (DDS) to the EU concept of negligible risk
- Development of a formal claim to identify PEFC DDS-certified material. (PEFC DDS certification is an integral part of PEFC Chain of Custody certification but can also be applied separately).
- Enhanced scope of prohibited material to include conflict timber.
Download the revised standard and join consultation
Join PEFC webinar
PEFC is hosting a webinar explaining the changes and the alignment with legal frameworks such as the EU Timber Regulation and the Australian Illegal Logging Prohibition Bill. The seminar is held on 19 December 2012 at 14:30 CET.