The Timber Legality Risk Assessment and tools were developed to reflect the current legality situation of timber harvested and processed in the applicable country.
Click on the country below to get a quick overview of the country and the risks identified. The final Risk Assessment and tools will be published on the applicable Sourcing Hub country page after stakeholder consultation.
We appreciate your input and comments! Thank you in advance
Feedback should be provided to
Mrs Ditte Steffensen,
Sourcing Hub Manager
Sign up for the Sourcing Hub Update to receive notifications on Risk Assessment in public consultation
The Preferred by Nature Risk Assessment Development & Consultation Procedure, sets out the process for conducting the stakeholder on consultation new or revised Preferred by Nature Risk Assessments. The procedure says that:
- Preferred by Nature will carry out comprehensive stakeholder consultation on all Risk Assessments (RA), unless public stakeholder consultation forms part of an external standard procedure, for example, the development of FSC Controlled Wood Centralized National Risk Assessments.
- Preferred by Nature will publicly consult on the RA to ensure the RA’s relevance to national/regional conditions and to allow stakeholders to contribute to the RA process.
- Preferred by Nature will ensure that a range of stakeholders is invited to participate.
- Preferred by Nature will ensure that participation in the consultation process:
- is open to all stakeholders; and
- aims to achieve a balance of interests in the subject matter and in the geographic scope to which the standard applies.
- Preferred by Nature will maintain an accurate record of all stakeholder consultations, which will be compiled into a report that will be published on the Sourcing Hub.
- The period during which stakeholders can submit comments on the draft of the RA will be at least 30 days. The stakeholder consultation period may be longer if it is deemed necessary by Preferred by Nature.