Huy Dang is responsible for improving sustainable forest management practices in Vietnam. For the implementation, the Forestry Officer will work with sustainable afforestation management in the Lao Cai province.
Supporting forest owners and farmer groups in implementing sustainable forest management practices and achieving forest certification is important in the sustainable use of forest resources and improving the livelihoods of forest-dependent people. This is what motivates me to work with Preferred by Nature.
As part of Huy Dang's responsibilities as a Forestry Officer in the USAID Sustainable Forest Management project, he work with local partners in planning, organising and implementing activities to improve management of production forests. Huy Dang also collaborates with technical staff to implement project activities, including providing capacity to plan and implement sustainable forest management; plantation management; reforestation of forest areas; converting small-sized timber plantations to large-size timber plantations as well as taking care of plantations.
Aside from that, Huy Dang facilitates the establishment of new farmer groups, supports the development of practical Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) technical guidelines and forest certification, while building capacity for forest owners on sustainable forest management and forest certification.
- Training groups on afforestation techniques, nursery management, forest care, sustainable forest protection and management
- Establishing community groups for forest protection and development management, consulting activities in the field of forestry
- Directly participating in the formulation of plans for afforestation, forest management and protection in Lao Cai province
- Make a dossier of afforestation and explain the forest protection plan
- Consulting on establishing cooperatives and businesses
- Consultant/Coordinator for the Aus4Equality/GREAT project on gender equality through the cinnamon value chain on perfecting the development of the market system, improving the competitiveness of cinnamon products to enhance economic power of women in Lao Cai province. Promote gender equality through improving economic efficiency in agricultural production and tourism development.